Janet H. Sung, M.D. is a graduate of the Medical College of Korea University with her residency and fellowship training at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. She has worked in the WNY area since 1977 and opened her own radiology practice now known as Windsong Radiology Group in 1987. Dr. Sung is a board certified radiologist specializing in women’s imaging and has pioneered numerous new diagnostic procedures in the area.
Dr. Sung has been recognized in Western New York as both an accomplished physician and an entrepreneur.
- Top 100 Influential Leaders Award from Buffalo Business First (February 2012)
- 2011 Lifetime Achievement Winner-Women of Influence Awarded by Business First
- 2012 Top Docs Award from Buffalo Spree
- 2011 Top Docs Award – Buffalo Spree
- 2010 Walter P. Cooke Award – UB Alumni Association Achievement Awards
- 2008 Women of Distinction Recognition for Girl Scouts of WNY
- 2008 Induction into the WNY Women’s Hall of Fame
- 2008 NFJC Philanthropy Award
- 2006 Women Who Mean Business Award from Buffalo Business First
- 2005 Reflections Honoree for Trocaire College
- 2003 Entrepreneurs of the Year from Junior Achievement
- 2003 Zonta International recognition for providing excellent service to the community
- 2002 Governor’s Award for Excellence
Dr. Sung takes great pride in the WNY Community:
Dr. Sung and her husband Windsong Radiology Group CFO, John Sung, MBA, CPA have made philanthropy an important priority. Recently Dr. Sung told the Buffalo News in an interview, “My husband suggested we give a scholarship to the University at Buffalo. He was from the countryside and came to Seoul to go to school. He went through hardship, but got a scholarship. He said that in his lifetime, if he made money he would like to do the same for students with hardship. We’ve done very well in Buffalo. People in Buffalo support us, and at that time our daughter was in UB Medical School, so it made good sense we chose UB. We donated $1 million for the Sung Scholarship.”
1998 Winner, Entrepreneur of the Year in the Upstate New York for Business Leadership in America.
1997 Finalist, Entrepreneur of the Year in the Upstate New York for Business Leadership in America.
1993 Community Service Award from Amherst Republican Party
1992 Community Advisory Council Award from State University of New York at Buffalo