Interventional and Vascular Radiology, in many cases, will provide patients with a minimally invasive alternative to surgery, giving them no more than a small puncture site post procedure and faster recovery times. Dr. J. Dana Dunleavy, leads Windsong’s Interventional and Vascular Radiology team, performing a breadth of image-guided procedures at Windsong Radiology Group’s Williamsville location. Dr. Dunleavy completed his Diagnostic Radiology Residency at the Johns Hopkins Hospital as well as his Fellowship in Vascular and Interventional and Vascular Radiology, serving as Chief Fellow. He is a board certified radiologist and specializes in venous insufficiency, interventional oncology, and pain management. He is a frequently requested speaker on varicose vein evaluation and treatment.
Call for an appointment on our direct line at (716) 929-9484
- Venous Ultrasounds – to diagnose venous insufficiency, varicose veins, and deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Varicose vein and venous insufficiency treatment: Radiofrequency Ablation (using high frequency radio waves), VenaSealTM, Sclerotherapy (administering medication into veins), and Microphlebectomy (removal of affected veins through tiny incisions), in order to redirect blood flow to healthy veins.
- Migraine treatment: with the SPG block (sphenopalatine ganglion block) patients are finding significant, life-changing results. Click HERE for more information.
- Deep Venous Thrombosis and Superficial Phlebitis evaluation and treatment
- CT and Ultrasound guided needle biopsies of tissue and fluid collections (Liver, Lymph nodes, Parotid gland, Abdominal/ Pelvic mass)
- Paracentesis and permanent peritoneal drains – a drain placed to remove fluid from the abdominal cavity
- Thoracentesis – drain placement for fluid removal from the space between the lungs and the chest wall; also known as the pleural space.
- General drain placement for fluid collections, infections, post-operative seromas
- Chronic Pelvic Pain Clinic: Consultation, Duplex Ultrasound, Ovarian Vein embolization for Pelvic Congestion, Pudendal nerve blocks
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
- Gonadal vein embolization for varicocele
- Aspiration and steroid injections of symptomatic Baker’s cysts (knee), ganglions (wrist), and bursitis (shoulder, elbow, hip); treatment of calcific shoulder tendonitis
- Short-term central venous catheters & Long-term central venous catheters
- Mediport placement, check & removal